I hired this "company" to remove leaves from my yard. When they arrived they told me that they were not going to do my back yard because all the leaves had not fallen, but they would take out two trees for me for an additional fee. I, too, am very sorry that I did not check them out online first. They spent an entire day on those two small trees because their saw kept breaking and they were constantly borrowing tools since they had none of their own. Guess their chainsaw didn't come with a key (wonder where they got it).
When they were done, they told me that they could not fit everything in the back of their truck and that they would be back the next day for the remainder. They left their ladder for insurance, since I was dumb enough to pay them. Well they returned for their ladder while I was out, but did not pick up any of their mess. They have since stopped answering their phone, which, conveniently, does not have voice mail set up and they have never been back to pick up.
There were two of them; the spokesman called himself Townsend, but I don't know if that is his real name. There is also a high-school aged kid, Kris, who does the work. I do not believe that they are legitimate businessmen, but a fly-by-night team of *** artists looking to make a fast buck. They look for business far from home - I'm sure they can't return to a location more than once - and have no concern whatsoever about their reputation.
Please beware of these guys and do NOT support them by giving them money. If you do hire them, please be sure to supervise their every move and do not give them a cent until the job is completed.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Yard Cleaning
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "In March, we had our driveway, front walkways, and patio/pool deck resurfaced with concrete designed by Rob Allen, owner of Concrete in Designs, Inc. He works in the Chicago area..."
- "I signed up with Trugreen lawn service and after the first 2 treatments, my grass was dead and I now have a brown lawn! I called customer service and..."
- "Carl the manager does not care about his residential clients. After 2 weeks of saying my lawn was dead, the manager, Carl, finally came out. He told me..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "We pay $102.49 a month for 1. Plain home phone service. It comes with extra *** which we don't use. We have an answering machine and not interested in 3-way..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "July 1 we applied Deck over. Spent 365 dollars for a product that is now peeling. Looks horrible, wont wven ckean up good... Bad product...."
- "We ordered a sofa sectional back in June. In September the incorrect pieces arrived. In December, 6 months after original order date, we finally got the remaining correct piece of..."
- "The lack of communication, knowledge, customer service and supervisors is the worst. I have been promised in last year a supervisor will call back, or they will mail me an..."