I hired this "company" to remove leaves from my yard. When they arrived they told me that they were not going to do my back yard because all the leaves had not fallen, but they would take out two trees for me for an additional fee. I, too, am very sorry that I did not check them out online first. They spent an entire day on those two small trees because their saw kept breaking and they were constantly borrowing tools since they had none of their own. Guess their chainsaw didn't come with a key (wonder where they got it).
When they were done, they told me that they could not fit everything in the back of their truck and that they would be back the next day for the remainder. They left their ladder for insurance, since I was dumb enough to pay them. Well they returned for their ladder while I was out, but did not pick up any of their mess. They have since stopped answering their phone, which, conveniently, does not have voice mail set up and they have never been back to pick up.
There were two of them; the spokesman called himself Townsend, but I don't know if that is his real name. There is also a high-school aged kid, Kris, who does the work. I do not believe that they are legitimate businessmen, but a fly-by-night team of *** artists looking to make a fast buck. They look for business far from home - I'm sure they can't return to a location more than once - and have no concern whatsoever about their reputation.
Please beware of these guys and do NOT support them by giving them money. If you do hire them, please be sure to supervise their every move and do not give them a cent until the job is completed.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Yard Cleaning
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have had TruGreen in Dallas, Georgia for 4 years and 18 years in Florida. Until this year I have been pretty well satisfied (especially in Florida). But..."
- "TruGreen was supposed to take care of crabgrass NOT kill my grass! Don't know how they can call themselves professionals not knowing about chemicals and what would damage grass...."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "Had my carpets cleaned. Nothing major...just my husband cleaned them w our home cleaner unit an left some residue on the carpet so I just wanted a professional to fix..."
- "My bill went from $ 107.81 to $152.81. I work 2 full time jobs and I Volunteer every Saturday, so I do not have a lot of time to watch..."
- "UPS shows they left a package at my front door? It was left ON my truck hood, which was parked IN the street. Package was dirty like had..."
- "I got a chicken biscuit meal and it was a small rubbery chicken finger gardendale Arby's ripped me off!!!!!!..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."